Do you have trouble getting a good night’s sleep? You are not alone.
- 30% from 300 bus drivers are found difficulties sleep at night- according to Scientific Research- Sleep Problem for Malaysia Society.
- 55% of 11,129 adults in Britain reported they were having difficulties to fall sleep because of relationship problem - according to The Great British Sleep Survey.
- A quarter of those with insomnia had suffered for more than 11 years.
- Banana with nuts and 1 teaspoon of peanut butter- It is a great time when have half of banana mix with one teaspoon of peanut butter and your favourite nuts.
- Crackers and peanut butter- Get a few whole wheat crackers and spread of some all-natural peanut butter for a mix of complex carbohydrates and protein with tryptophan.
- A bowl of cereal- The milk contains tryptophan and the whole cereal adds the complementary complex carbs. Avoiding sugar helps prevent a sleep disruptive blood sugar crash during the night.
- Warm milk with honey- A glass of warm milk with honey is one of the oldest remedies for insomnia.
If you are afraid of fat contains in the carbohydrate food you can choose food in a fruit type like papaya, avocado and grapes which can help you sleep too. Clearly, the combinations of tryptophan and carbohydrate rich foods are endless. Be creative and enjoy the process of finding out which food suit for you and help you sleep better.